Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today's results:
Ammo: 0
Trites:0
Trates: 20

Yea!!!! I'm cycled!! Gonna add angel tomorrow after PWC. :) Gotta work tonight, so it's gonna have to wait. :(

I love the helfrichi, but aren't they like $90? I might be mixing them up with another fish. Don't think I'm gonna pay that much for 1 fish. Lol. I do like the purple ones and the red/white ones are pretty. Thanks for the suggestions!!

I set my limit at $40 per fish but that never works lol :D

how bout few bangii cardinals

Bearchumjs said:
Firefish are pretty. There's the red and white ones and also a purple firefish and a helfrichi firefish.

I have one of those firefish in 10.

54seaweed said:
I set my limit at $40 per fish but that never works lol :D

how bout few bangii cardinals

Yeah, i think $45 is most I've paid for any fish, ever. Lol. I'm too afraid it's gonna die, even tho that hasn't actually been a problem. I have bangaii in my 55, and love them, but I kinda wanted to do some different fish from what I have in the 55.

My daughter really want a yellow head jawfish. Anyone have any experience with those? Are they fairly easy to keep or die quickly?

54seaweed said:
PJ cardinals are neat too
think Dino aka(convict) has a jaw fish maybe he'll chime in

Yeah, I think I remember him saying recently that his blue spot jawfish died. :( That doesn't bode well for me that his died and his tank is perfect!! Lol

How bout a Yasha Hase goby and pistol shrimp
pair? I was showing my fiancée the yellow watchman goby/ pistol pair at the LFS that had ordered them in for me, and she didn't like the watchman...!? I know right? Anyways, LFS recommended the Yasha Hase because they have the same relationship to the pistol, and of course she loves the Yasha. Just my 2 cents :cool:

Yeah, I think I remember him saying recently that his blue spot jawfish died. :( That doesn't bode well for me that his died and his tank is perfect!! Lol

there's many factors to consider

fish may have been sick before he got it

major stress from shipping in mail (major temp changes or even just being tossed like a rag doll)

fish are very fragile and need to be handled that way

fish may not have been fed at warehouse for days causing starvation sometimes they appear to be fine when you get them and wham its too late ,it may eat after you get it but the damage was already done.

no fish is bullet proof even I lost a few

even if you acclimate there s still a chance there is a water parameter difference salinity,temp,ph,nitrate,nitrite ect

there's many more factors than I mentioned but I think you get the idea

don't get discouraged about a fish because someone lost one it happens

even the most experienced fish keepers loose a fish now and then

it's not rocket science and things just happen

hope you understand what I'm trying to say

54seaweed said:
there's many factors to consider

fish may have been sick before he got it

major stress from shipping in mail (major temp changes or even just being tossed like a rag doll)

fish are very fragile and need to be handled that way

fish may not have been fed at warehouse for days causing starvation sometimes they appear to be fine when you get them and wham its too late ,it may eat after you get it but the damage was already done.

no fish is bullet proof even I lost a few

even if you acclimate there s still a chance there is a water parameter difference salinity,temp,ph,nitrate,nitrite ect

there's many more factors than I mentioned but I think you get the idea

don't get discouraged about a fish because someone lost one it happens

even the most experienced fish keepers loose a fish now and then

it's not rocket science and things just happen

hope you understand what I'm trying to say

+1 i agree with everything. Just because someone kills their clown fish doest mean i would be scared to get one, it all depends on how your system is.

Everything you guys are saying makes sense. Guess I can't be so nervous to lose a fish if I'm gonna do the SW thing, huh? Lol

The angelfish is going to his new home today!! :)
Here's a shot of the tank right now, gotta get a little more rock today too.

image-3629518806.jpg

weather its salt or fresh there's always that possibility of loosing a fish
weather your a novice or a pro if its going to die there's nothing you really can do its a hit and miss hobby

just don't get discouraged and give up !!

love the way you set up your rocks by the way gives the tank character :)

Got little bit more rock and move some around. What you think of rockwork now? Better? Worse? Not sure about the piece on far right though, should u remove it? Can't find a good place for it. Red/white Firefish is acclimating now!! :)

Got little bit more rock and move some around. What you think of rockwork now? Better? Worse? Not sure about the piece on far right though, should u remove it? Can't find a good place for it. Red/white Firefish is acclimating now!! :)

theres no pict lol
(y)

mines white and orange kind of looks like a candy corn :D

I'd move the first rock (circled in brown) to where the rock circled in yellow is, then move yellow rock to where the arrow points.

Attachments

• image-1500723620.jpg
    image-1500723620.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 102
I'll have to move rock around tomorrow- my dog got sprayed by a skunk tonight, so gotta give him a few baths...stupid dog. :(

Back
Top Bottom