Beginner 40gal breeder hitchhiker id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maria819

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! First Id like to say I've been reading this website for over a year now and learned some great stuff so I finally joined. I've been cycling my 40gal breeder for about 2 months now with about 45lbs live rock, 10lbs regular sand, 10lbs live sand, hob filter, heater and powerhead. I have an API test kit that tests for ph,ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. My ph is around 8( a little low i know) and my 3 other levels have been perfect. My salinity is at 1.023 which I'm not sure if this is too far below 1.025 or not. My temp is reading 74-75f. I now have some hitchhikers which I believe I've identified but still a little unsure and don't want any bad critters in there. It's going to be a FOWLR unless I get some hitchhiker corals then it will be updated. I'm going to try and attach the pics. I think there's some stomatella snails, bristle worms, corralline and what might be some sponges growing. Let me know what you guys think! All feedback is appreciated!! I posted the pics to my profile album but I couldn't label them.

Hi all! First Id like to say I've been reading this website for over a year now and learned some great stuff so I finally joined. I've been cycling my 40gal breeder for about 2 months now with about 45lbs live rock, 10lbs regular sand, 10lbs live sand, hob filter, heater and powerhead. I have an API test kit that tests for ph,ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. My ph is around 8( a little low i know) and my 3 other levels have been perfect. My salinity is at 1.023 which I'm not sure if this is too far below 1.025 or not. My temp is reading 74-75f. I now have some hitchhikers which I believe I've identified but still a little unsure and don't want any bad critters in there. It's going to be a FOWLR unless I get some hitchhiker corals then it will be updated. I'm going to try and attach the pics. I think there's some stomatella snails, bristle worms, corralline and what might be some sponges growing. Let me know what you guys think! All feedback is appreciated!! I posted the pics to my profile album but I couldn't label them.

Hi Maria,
The picture of your tank is looking nice,i saw the bristle worm which is a good cuc,if you look after lights out ,you will see a lot more of them,but as i say they are a great cuc and you paid nothing for them.

I cant advice you on your lr, but what you have looks ok to me.Hopefuly someone else can help you with that.

Thanks! I'm glad to see I at least identified the worm correctly! I've recently added 3 Astrea snails and 2 Bangaii cardinals. Everything seems good so far! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom