Beginner stocking new 20 gal...need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can give the ram a shot, IME rams in a 20 high don't have too much room to swim as they are bottom feeders and really prefer a long tank , IME the ram will swim up and attack other tank mates in search of room

You can give the ram a shot, IME rams in a 20 high don't have too much room to swim as they are bottom feeders and really prefer a long tank , IME the ram will swim up and attack other tank mates in search of room

Rams are not considered bottom feeders. They tend to utilize the lower to middle levels of a tank. The OP isn't having any other bottom utilizing stock so the ram will have more than enough space. You have to consider not only tank size but what areas a species uses, how many of the species will be using that space, and how many other species you will have that will use that space. There is more to stocking than just looking at a tank size and dimensions. I have been keeping 12 rams just in the past two years and in various size tanks not to mention I don't know how many total over the years so I'm speaking from experience are you?

Fish can get sick or already be sick when you bring them home. The stress of being moved and acclimating to a new tank can trigger illness. I strongly suggest getting a small tank for a QT tank so you can quarantine new fish for a few weeks before adding them to your healthy established stock. Right now all you can do if you can't move it into a QT tank is keep your eye on it.

can you help me? i have another thread for the cories. another died this morning!!!! :( i need help!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom