Benefits of feeder fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would there be any benefits of giving feeder guppies to my 55g tank? I know the majority of the fish would eat them but would it be worth getting a dozen every couple weeks and letting them eat them?
Stock
5 Molly
2 Indian glass fish
6 guppy(15 fry)
7 bumblebee goby
1 swordtail

Keep calm and drum on

If you already have guppies they reproduce enough imo.

On the flip side feeder guppies are healthier than most fancy and would add some random genetic stock, the ones that survive anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

None of those fish are going to really eat a lot of guppies to warrant getting feeders, you'll be lucky if they eat enough fry to keep your population down as it is.

So far the only ones that ignore the fry I have are the guppies and bumblebees the rest have been trying to get to them. The guppies don't because I assume the fry are too big for them to eat and the bumblebees primarily stay on the bottom and won't go high enough to find them in the fry net. All the other fish have been trying to get into the net to eat them

Keep calm and drum on

I mean they'll eat fry if they can, most fish will if they can fit it in their mouths, but that can be kinda nice if you have that many livebearers, it can quickly get over run with fry. But as to getting feeders for them I wouldn't waste the money.

As of right now none of the livebearers aren't producing. The guppies are too young and I'm not quite sure why the mollies aren't. The fry I have where feeders that I bought to rase.

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom