Bert's 30G Planted adventure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my diffuser decided to work really well yesterday after I unblocked it and I forgot to change the bubble count back. Came home from work to all my fish gasping and looking very ruff.

Threw an air stone in straight away and turned off the co2 and they came good after an hour with no deaths!

Very very close though. Diffuser seems to be working perfectly now!

Went to my lfs today and they just got in a new shipment of plants! Got some pink baby tears and some Other red plant I can't remember the name of. Will post pictures when I get home :)!

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Glad it's working! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I decided that I didn't like my placement of plants in my new scape and decided to change a few things around today.

I re root tabbed the whole substrate and made it thicker in some spots for easier planting.

The HC Cuba didn't like the Eco complete all that much as it was abit coarse. So I took out all the Eco from the mid section of the tank and added some fluval substrate. They are now bedded a lot better.

Loving my new scape and placement now! Excited to see it grow out!

Few cloudy pictures after my big shuffle today

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475734298.973597.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475734310.941651.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475734327.016401.jpg

Thanks :) looks interesting. If my diffuser decides to stuff up again I'll have to get one :)

I've cut out the flow control on mine to have it on fully. The only downside I find with them is if plant debris blocks up the intake too much they can get a death rattle. So far with the flow control cut out they have been good, despite a mat of leaves on intake.

Everything has settle and my tank is algae free! Loving the new plant setup! Can't wait for the HC to start carpeting

Even my Amazon sword is starting to take off. That thing has been struggling since day 1! :D ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475991495.111101.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475991516.413070.jpg

Love the new layout.

Thanks fresh!

Co2 diffuser is hold up well so far so fingers crossed it all stays stable!

Glad you've found some stability. Tank will look awesome when they carpet fills in.

Glad you've found some stability. Tank will look awesome when they carpet fills in.

Thanks :) I plan to grow everything right out to make abit of a jungle

Forgot to mention the bloody snail got gassed out when the co2 was too high so I got to get rid of him. The misses wasn't to impress but I'm secretly happy haha

Having a few issues with the HC in the fluval soil, my corydoras are loving the nice loose substrate and have been digging it up. Any suggestions on how I can stop these little guys digging them up so easily?

That is truly beautiful. I'm glad to know that I am getting advise from people that are so skilled at this hobby. Love that style.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Having a few issues with the HC in the fluval soil, my corydoras are loving the nice loose substrate and have been digging it up. Any suggestions on how I can stop these little guys digging them up so easily?

What worked for me was to use fishing line to tie HC to small squares (1"X1") of stainless steel mesh. I planted these in the substrate in a checkerboard pattern. I tried using singer glue but it did not hold as well over time.

That is truly beautiful. I'm glad to know that I am getting advise from people that are so skilled at this hobby. Love that style.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks a lot :) I'm only new to planted tanks but I'm hooked on them now ;)

What worked for me was to use fishing line to tie HC to small squares (1"X1") of stainless steel mesh. I planted these in the substrate in a checkerboard pattern. I tried using singer glue but it did not hold as well over time.

Thanks fresh! Will have to try it out and see how I go! Those dam corys love to dig!

Ehhh, my problem was with the MTS as they love to bury into the substrate. Give it a try.

Question for those who dose EI:

I'm currently dosing
1g kno3 and 0.2 grams of khpo4, 4 days a week
And 0.77 grams of trace mix 3 days a weak.

I'd say I currently have medium light. (Lights running on 60% strength)

I'm considering bumping my lighting back up to 80% as my pink baby tears Are turning green because of the lack of light and I have another pinkie/red plant that I really want to make nice and bright.

So my question is am I dosing enough per week to be able to crank the light into the high light category?

Growth rate is pretty solid on my stems but I really want those bright colours!

Back
Top Bottom