Bert's 60g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And how many ml are you dosing? And the trace mix must be CSM+B I know that now.

Did you mix 28.6g in to 500ml?

Nice one Bert what trace mix is it you are using?

I'm using Aquagreens amgrow trace mix, I did have the break down for it ages ago but can't remember it anymore lol I think it's similar to csm+b from memory?

To give you an idea on dosage I'm only using 3.2g to 500ml of ro water and my dosage is 5ml a day [emoji106]

Well almost the end of week 3 dosing PPS pro instead of EI and I must say the difference has been amazing. Plants are growing extremely well, no sign of any deficiency at all, 0 algae. Life is good!

Got a plants order arriving hopefully tomorrow.

It contains,
10 Ludwigia super red mini
5 Ludwigia glandulosa
5 Ludwigia inclinata,
5 alternanthera

I plan to plant majority on the left side and I think I'll put the alternanthera on the right behind the Liminophila hippuroides

Pics http://pho.to/AkK3s

Welcome to the PPS-Pro dark side. It's about time lol

Haha I should have jumped sooner! I started with PPS pro back when I had the 30g and had major algae issues (I didn't know what I was doing then) so I decided it didn't work and went to EI lol I got pretty get results with EI in the 30 but doesn't even come close to this tank [emoji106]

I've definitely converted to the dark side [emoji16][emoji106]

It's a method sold be Mr Tom Barr that doesn't work for many.

Bert are you dosing PPS-Pro micros or is it still causing issues with some plants?

It's a method sold be Mr Tom Barr that doesn't work for many.

Bert are you dosing PPS-Pro micros or is it still causing issues with some plants?

Just dosing the PPS micros. Seems to have leveled out and the plants look great. My ludwigia's new growth has came out bright pink!

Still dosing 5ml of a 500ml solution of 3.2g micro mix and RO water. [emoji106]

How's your experiments going?

Forgot to mention I'm dosing an extra 5ppm of K at water change as I had pin holes in the hygro. Seems to have fixed the problem

PPS-Pro target is now 0.01 Fe bud.

https://sites.google.com/site/aquaticplantfertilizer/home/te-too-low-high

Rotala butterfly hasn't been updated to reflect the changes.

But obviously if it ain't broke....

Just be aware if you start running in to issues.

That's a reasonable amount of K+

Tank looks ace.

Whoops! I stuffed that up. Lol if u read it it says 32g to 500ml I've only done 3.2g to 500 so my target is only 0.01 [emoji106]

Yea the hygro's are so heavy on the K it's crazy.

My levels are still well well below what I was dosing with EI. Seems to be a lot better for us soft water people [emoji106]

Cheers for the compliment [emoji16] it's getting close!

These levels look much better. I'm dosing less still. Growth is getting there. I've learned a lot. Will update when I have enough information when growth is consistent and can. E replicated. Rotala wallichii still will not grow though. Very very sensitive plant.

These levels look much better. I'm dosing less still. Growth is getting there. I've learned a lot. Will update when I have enough information when growth is consistent and can. E replicated. Rotala wallichii still will not grow though. Very very sensitive plant.

Glad to hear things are going well! I agree rotala is sensitive.

I've got rotala sp green and rotala Hr ah in the Ada, it's growing like a weed already in the Ada soil. Will be interesting to see when I fire up fert dosing in another week.

Have you managed to bring back any toxicity effected plants? Is it possible to make them healthy again or do you have to bin them?

I haven't been dosing anywhere near the levels I was previously dosing so it's not tox I've been seeing. More deficiencies than anything but mainly chlorosis and very slow growth rather than twisting, stunting and small leaves.

My S.repens leaves are very nicely formed. I'm working on making them a darker green. Adding 5ppm magnesium and EI macros saw noticeable growth on just one day yesterday. I'm having to dose 0.1ppm iron from iron sulphate which probably doesn't last very long in solution at all. Could even be minutes.

So finally got my last plant order! Was a mix up with my postage and it didn't arrive the first time. Seller reposted and I got it today. Left side is now completely planted and ready to grow in. I have a really nice variety in there so should look awesome when it's grown in [emoji106]

Few pics (right sides a jungle atm)
http://pho.to/AkwcQ

Back
Top Bottom