BEST algae eaters for the planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start running them 6 hours daily until the algae is gone. Then you can up your time each week by 1/2 an hour up to 8 hours max. Stop increasing time if algae begins to return and go back 1/2 an hour.

Also you can use 3ml Hydrogen Peroxide 3% for every 10g of water to spot treat. Turn off your filters, pull up the proper amount of Peroxide, slowly squirt the BBA as close to it as you can. Leave filters off 20 minutes. You can do this in an area everyday until all the BBA is treated. Usually within 24 hours you will see the BBA turning white, pink, or red which means it dying.

So kill it off, decrease photoperiod, and up your CO2 if needed.

Thanks! I'll decrease the light starting tomorrow as my light is on a timer. Would a Bristlenose Pleco harm my plants if I got one? I've heard that they can go in a 30 gallon.

Mine don't bother my plants but used to occasionally rasp on Amazon Swords leaves. I put sliced, blanched zucchini on a veggie clip every other day to supplement feed tho. Albino bnp's stay out a lot during the day and they need a piece of DW to rasp on in the tank.

Mine don't bother my plants but used to occasionally rasp on Amazon Swords leaves. I put sliced, blanched zucchini on a veggie clip every other day to supplement feed tho. Albino bnp's stay out a lot during the day and they need a piece of DW to rasp on in the tank.

Okay. I set my timer for 4 P.M. to 10 P.M. I happen to have amazon swords, but I could put zucchini in my tank. I'm sure my Panda Garra would like it too.

I cut 2- 1/3" thick slices of zucchini, nuke them for about 10 seconds, then immediately hold them under cold running water to stop internal cooking. Then I put each slice on a veggie clip and hang in the tank. My Long fin albino bnp and whiptail cats all wait as they know right where I clip the food. My angels and loaches also pick at the zucchini through the day. I put it in the tank once the lights come on in the morning and remove it the next morning, well remove what little is left of it.

I cut 2- 1/3" thick slices of zucchini, nuke them for about 10 seconds, then immediately hold them under cold running water to stop internal cooking. Then I put each slice on a veggie clip and hang in the tank. My Long fin albino bnp and whiptail cats all wait as they know right where I clip the food. My angels and loaches also pick at the zucchini through the day. I put it in the tank once the lights come on in the morning and remove it the next morning, well remove what little is left of it.

Yeah I'm going to get a Regular Bristlenose Pleco or an orange one (which look really cool). I'll probably rubber band the zucchini to a small rock every other day. It's probably better that I get this Pleco anyway because Otos can die easily from what I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom