Best bang for your buck 5 Stage RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm almost ready for corals and all I'm missing is the lighting, RO/DI unit, and the corals themselves.

I'm planning to open an aquarium maintenance company in the coming months and have been searching for a good wholesaler. I've come across a few good ones but I don't want to wait until I get a business license.

So, what's the best quality 5 stage RO/DI unit available for a good price? Ideally, with a TDS meter and from a retailer that ships to canada.

Thanks in advance guys :)

I got my 4 stage from purewaterclub.com. It works very well and only cost me $60. Look around on their site they have many different options and free shipping.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between a 4 stage and a 5 stage. Well, obviously one has one more stage. But what does that stage do?

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between a 4 stage and a 5 stage. Well, obviously one has one more stage. But what does that stage do?

It's just an extra cartridge spot, usually comes with an extra carbon block to help completely rid all contaminants. It's better for added safety or if you have really high TDS in your water. 4 stages are perfectly fine as well.

As for the supplied site, thanks guys it's exactly what I was looking for!

I started with the purewater club ro/di and it was great for the first year. Perfect price point and worked flawlessly. I however make way more water than the average user so I upgraded to a bulk reef supply plus unit. 5 stages- sediment, 2 carbon, di and the membrane. Cost me $180 during the group buy but thats an awesome price. It comes with the auto shut off, membrane flushing parts as well as two tds meters so you can tell when the unit needs new filters. I also bought the piggyback membrane so I get less waste water and double the water. I make about 6g an hour, maybe a little more.
But like I said, I go through several hundred gallons per month. But I would still say look at their 4 stage plus units, defintiely worth it.

Hmm, I've heard good things from both spectra and the BRS units but I'm loving the price points for the pure water club units, especially at 150g a day.

So, I think I'm going to go with the pure water unit for now, and if my business clientele starts to rise, I'm definitely going to invest in another unit so I have one for home use and one for business purposes.

I use the BRS 5 stage plus unit, $180 during a group buy. Well worth it, and very well built. Plus free shipping.

I use the BRS 5 stage plus unit, $180 during a group buy. Well worth it, and very well built. Plus free shipping.

I think I might upgrade to a BRS unit over a spectra but I don't think the free shipping includes Canadians.

From BRS:
All Canadian orders received before Thursday @ midnight are shipped on Friday. The shipping program we use to save you brokerage fees only allows us to ship on Fridays. Canadian orders will arrive at your door with no extra fees due. Here's how: BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian government fees. However these are passed on to the customer via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on our site. In a nut shell, we pay brokerage and you still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presented when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer. We are unable to send some items to Canada (All fish or coral food, as well as pukani, tonga, fiji, and shelf rock). If these items are on an order they will be cancelled and refunded.

So looks like I'd have to get in on a group buy to save as much as possible. Still though, it'll beat the 300$+ 100GPD units we have for sale locally. I'll have to take a look at wholesale prices too as I'd like to offer these units as I see them as a necessity in any tank.

Back
Top Bottom