Best canister filter for a 20 long.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to use a canister on my 20 long and I was hoping for opinions. I have a sunsun on my 30 and the price was right, but the flow would be way too high. Thanks for your input! Oh, and I want to run a spray bar.

IMO you can't ge wrong with a Fluval or an Enhiem as they've been tried and true. For a 20L you could go with a Fluval 206 or equivilent size of the Enhiem. The Fluvals have a lever so you can adjust the flow down which could be a plus for you. The Enhiem may have the same feature but I'm not sure as I have never had one. Hope this helps. OS.

Ok well having experience with both fluval and eheim i would recommend an eheim 2213 or a fluval 206 cant go wrong with either. If pushed into a decision an eheim 2213. Both will be more than adequate. The eheim will come with a spray bar, you have to buy the spray bar seperately with the fluval. The eheim, especially because your in US will probably cost you alittle more so price would probably equal out.

The media you get in either isnt adequate imo. But the fluval pulls it by an inch because bio rings are included with the filter, probably not enough but you can buy more bio rings from fleabay for cheap.

I remember when i was making the same choices and got caught up in a circle on which to buy. And the answer is literally Either. People will stick to what they like and recommend what they have and what works for them.

I'm currently running a Fluval 206 on my 20L. I've been happy with the flow adjustability and the 3 media bins. My betta would have preferred a spraybar, but it's been solid for about 1 yr now.

A sun sun will have just as much as flow as any of the recommended above. So if you like sun suns, get one. They're cheap.

The Sunsun is rated at 264 gph. That's almost twice the rating of the others. Do you really think they have the same flow?

Back
Top Bottom