Best "Carpet" Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dwarf hairgrass should grow fine as long as it has decent lighting. Sometimes it needs co2 but people have managed to keep it healthy without it.

Is decent 3wpg or is it more (new to the planted scene)

Wpg isn't really accurate. What type of fixture and what are your tank dimensions. I have 1 Wpg on my 75 gallon with LEDs and have high light for example.

Well i have a 12 by 18 by 10 10 gallon and have 2 15 watt incandescent lights. Does that help?

I read that incandescent bulbs encourage spindly growth and Algae because they produce more red light than other fixtures. CFL bulbs supposedly are more efficient and will give you closer to the right light range. You could probably use these bulbs in your current light fittings.

Are dwarf tears a good carpet plant and will they spread cause I really like those and want a plant that will spread giving my fish tank the look of having a lawn almost

About how many stems were in the Petsmart bag for the staurogyne repens?

I'd say at least 1-2 dozen. The leaves on the plants from the gel pack bags are a fraction of the normal size. The plants are so small you may have trouble keeping them down. I used tooth picks.

Here they are out of the package and separated into groups:
9d6Viii.jpg

3 months later under Finnex FugeRay LEDs:
t0j1atr.jpg

So you can see the amount of star repens you get out of a pack when it's freshly planted here is a pic I took when I first got mine. One entire pack is all by itself.

JrhIa2G.jpg

Back
Top Bottom