forground or carpet plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmohamma

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I have a 65G tank with a base of eco-complete topped with Fluval stratum. A month ago I got some amazon swords and melon swords and they are doing well. I see new growth constantly, and the PH is around 7 or 7.2. I have Co2 injection which is exactly what plants are looking for.

Residents are 8 Harlequin rasboras, 12 rummy nose tetras, and 8 large Amano Shrimps.

Just 2 days ago I got 3 vitro trays of hydrocotyle and it has proven to be a very expensive meal for my rummy nose tetras. I've pretty much written them off. can anyone suggest foreground/carpeting plants which can withstand the abuse from the residents?

BTW, I plan to add some rainbow fish in the mix as well.

Thank you,

I've had no problem growing Staurogyne Repens and Monte Carlo with the same livestock. Just keep any Corycats out while they are trying to take root !!! Especially the Monte Carlo !! :lol:

Crypt parva is also an option for foreground plant, though it doesn't propagate very quickly so not exactly a carpeting plant.

Back
Top Bottom