Best EEL for 55 gallon REEF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they are. Mine I'd a true moray (gymnothorax) while snowflake eels are in the genus echidna. Smaller mouths, more docile, and better to hand feed IMO. They're also thinner.

:Dso how much should I feed him each day to fatten him up? Without getting his sick or over feeding.

1/3 silverside a day. My eel is fat and I feed 3/4 shrimp every 3 days.

Attachments

• image-983118973.jpg
    image-983118973.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-4170717369.jpg
    image-4170717369.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1949369804.jpg
    image-1949369804.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 77
I would feed him every other day and see how he does.They will eat when Hungary don't get worried if he don't eat they will when their ready. Also they digest slower so every couple days should be fine mine was about twice a week. Ask the lfs there feeding schedule.

Thanks man! And he said he wanted to feed every day but 1/3 of what he would feed every 3 days just so it would be less aggressive towards small fish.

K thanks guys! And believe it or not I found it a petco and am going to check ons more place for snow tomorrow b4 I resort to petco snows. They are feeding rosy reds at petco! How stupid.... I think.........

Yes it's bad. Rosy reds can cause lock jaw and have very little nutritional value unless beefed up with quality food.

Oh and so it wouldn't want to go exploring the outside of the tank if you know what I mean. Or would it mot really matter?

So I can get the one from petco? He's only been in there for a couple days from what they said..

I mean I would look somewhere else. Just make sure hes fine I'd you get him. If nobody else has one I say go for it.

Mmk. Any other suggestions on fish? I like the coral beauty angel and clown fishes. But there are a lot of clowns.

Type of flasher wrasse. Many different kinds some expensive some not. I have a Macorski probably spelled wrong but peaceful and reef safe.

Wow flashers are beautiful! Then u can't get the coral beauty... I like the misbar clowns and the black clowns. :D but ill have to get some flashers!

Ok. I'm going to get the snowflake. The place I need to check is my best LFS. I've been told they got in a new eel that is 17in long and almost an inch thick. So I have to check that our and see if they have any snowflake eels. If not then it's to petco. I guess..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom