Best filter for your money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mc96928

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased 6 new tanks during the petco sale. I'd like to know what HOB filter is best for your money.

In my opinion their all junk and breakdown in a few months. If you skimp on money you will pay in the long run by having to buy new ones all the time.

In my opinion their all junk and breakdown in a few months. If you skimp on money you will pay in the long run by having to buy new ones all the time.

I asked what the best filter was for my money? Not the cheapest one.

I would go topfin. Cheap, silent, simple, they get the job done have enough space to mix up filter media and with multiple of them you won't break the bank

Hang on the Back Filters

I recently purchased 6 new tanks during the petco sale. I'd like to know what HOB filter is best for your money.

Hello Mc...

I use Hagen AquaClear HOBs on all my tanks. If you maintain them, they'll last a long time. I've had some going on 8 years and I have yet to replace a part.

B

Go with the best brand recommended here as well as overfilter in size if you can, you can almost (almost) never overfilter :)

As the saying in this hobby goes...

"Too much filtration? No such thing. Too much FLOW or current? That's another story..." ;)

Hello Mc...

I use Hagen AquaClear HOBs on all my tanks. If you maintain them, they'll last a long time. I've had some going on 8 years and I have yet to replace a part.

B

I'll take yours and everyone else's word on these filters

LOL. I'm a bit crazy about fish. And petco had the dollar per gallon sale and i couldn't resist

That's what I was afraid you'd say...:ermm:

I know the sale is a great one and irresistible, but just to buy tanks for the sake of buying them?

I'll take yours and everyone else's word on these filters

Do yourself a favor, Mc: Consider only the Aqueons and (Hagen) AquaClears. They're really doing the best HOB models on the market, hands down. ;)

That's what I was afraid you'd say...:ermm:

I know the sale is a great one and irresistible, but just to buy tanks for the sake of buying them?

I have guppies right now, and would like to separate them into male and female. As well as start a tank for a double trunk elephant nose. And i was thinking about some other fish as well. Not just for the sake of buying

Back
Top Bottom