Best Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for the best filter with the easiest maintenance available. This is for my grandmother's house (she moved into a house with a pond) so I want it to be something that's very easy to maintain.

I'm looking at an Ultima II 1000. Any comments? We had a pond at our last house and we used a AquaClear canister filter but hosing it out was a bear.

The pond is between 900 & 1000g.

Thanks!

Cyprio bioforce and Fishmate brands make excellent filters;both in external pressure fed cannisters and gravity fed external box type.They both also incorporate UV sterilizers if desired which I think is a neccessity.The cannisters can be partially submerged in the ground to help camouflage. I myself have the Cyprio Bioforce with UV and am very satisfied.The water stays crystal clear and filter requires very little maintenance much like an aquarum cannister.When it does need cleaning all there is to do is lift the five clips,pull up the cover with UV,rinse the sponges with pond water and reassemble.There are different density sponges and room for biological material like bioballs.The larger capacity filters have a backwash valve like a pool filter which really eases maintenance. The pond cannister uses a submersible debri handling pump,the aquarium type has it built into the cannister. Check out AZPonds.com for excellent prices.

Back
Top Bottom