Best filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crawdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
M looking at the possibility of purchasing what is to me a large aquarium, 150gal, or possibly a 215gal. Most likely it will be the 150. I am researching filters, and figured I would ask advice from the experts. I run Fluval 306's currently on my 55 and 37 gallon tanks right now, but they aren't any where big enough for 150. Should I go with a sump? A canister and sump, or multiple canisters. I am not I fan of HOB's due to the visual aspect of them. So, please offer up your opinions.

On my 150g I run a Proquatics sump along with a Fluval FX5, I tend to overstock some off my tanks as far as biological filtration there is nothing better than a wet/dry. They house dramatically more surface area to for the biological filter, you can keep all your heaters and equipment in there so no clutter in the display tank, and it increases water capacity so in summary there is no downside only benefits.

Last edited:
I believe a sump is the best option for a tank that size. Like previously posted, more surface area for BB and hides most equipment. i use them on everything 125 gal on up.

Back
Top Bottom