Best fish Breeding in 10 gal tanks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got 3 10 gal tanks on my hand yesterday, and wanted to breed some cool and unique fish for fun.

I currently am breeding albino corys, but I've had suggestions for kribs, shell dwellers, and discus.

I posted in general discussion, and never thought of posting here.

Any suggestions? Anyone found something unique that wasn't impossible to breed?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any wild caught betta like b. flax or scarlet badis

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Other things to breed:

Dwarf pufferfish (challenging!)
Apistos and other SA dwarf cichlids
Shrimp
Cherry barbs
Ram cichlids

I've thought about doing the GBR's. Havnt looked much into it, but what I have read, the GBR'S are tough

What do you guys think of the apistogramas? (Thanks for reminding me), easy? Hard? Worthwhile?

I've thought about doing the GBR's. Havnt looked much into it, but what I have read, the GBR'S are tough

They are sensitive fish because they have been overbred to achieve their colour. But they are worth it if you are able to keep them. Just like discus, water quality is very important.

All the previous stated fish are good choices, you could try some Cory cats. Or as I've previously mentioned killifish are an awesome choice, lfs in my area sell them $80-$100 for pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bolivian Rams
Sparkling gourami
Honey gourami
Licorice gourami
Girardinus metallicus
Least killifish

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Scarlet Badis would be a challenge. I'd split each ten gallon into 3 parts, a sponge filter and plants in each, and then breed 9 species of shrimp! That would get the dough rolling in.

Scarlet Badis would be a challenge. I'd split each ten gallon into 3 parts, a sponge filter and plants in each, and then breed 9 species of shrimp! That would get the dough rolling in.

Not much room. That's 3.3 gallons per "tank" I have several 40 breeders split up, and quite honestly I preferred it when they were not divided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about doing some shrimp, but I don't have any lighting for the tanks in the garage to grow any off the plants or moss. To do shrimp, I would need some lighting set up on those tanks.

I am thinking about shell dwellers though.... they are small, raise their young, sounds like a good and easy fish to breed.

You don't need much form shrimps. Just a few moss balls and Java moss can do the job. They are low light plants, so any random light bulb can do the job..

I was thinking about doing some shrimp, but I don't have any lighting for the tanks in the garage to grow any off the plants or moss. To do shrimp, I would need some lighting set up on those tanks.

I am thinking about shell dwellers though.... they are small, raise their young, sounds like a good and easy fish to breed.

I can't recommend shellies enough. I got multies this fall and they're in my top 3 favorite aquarium fish ever.

I love my shellies I used to breed angels, guppies, kribs, plecos, and a few others but my multies have always been my favorites! They are fun to watch and so easy and from my experience extremely hardy! I've had to down size a lot so they are all I breed now.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shellie's for the win, I have a pair of ocellatus and they are just stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom