Best foods for Africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrystalClear

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday I picked up 4 african cichlids (An Albino,Pink Peacock, and 2 blue peacock) for my new tank. In all the excitement at the good LFS I forgot all about asking the food they recommend. I went to a local FS, but they had no idea and I ended up picking up a can of african cichlid small pellet food for now until I can make a trip back up to the good LFS. (they actually recommended I feed them feeder fish???)

When I fed them last night and this morning they really go after the food and are looking hungry, but I just have this feeling that they should get something else food wise.

What would you guys recommend to feed these little guys?

they will act like theyre hungry 24/7... every time i walk in to the room, my mbuna jump out of the water, and i feed them ALOT. I just throw in pellets every day... you could grab some frozen bloodworms or just set up a 10g with guppies and feed them the fry

I just started feeding my Mbuna New Life Spectrum Cichlid food. Lots of good recommendations on this food and my fish love it.

I just started feeding my Mbuna New Life Spectrum Cichlid food. Lots of good recommendations on this food and my fish love it.

This is the same stuff I picked out on the shelf. Good to see I made a good decision.

I am thinking of getting some bloodworms as other sites have suggested it as well.

spoonman,

Not to hog the thread but would that food also be good for JD's, Firemouths etc?

I would have to research the recommended diet for them. It is good for the Mbuna because they require a low protein diet. I would feed it to the JD's and others and if there diet calls for more protein, supplement with bloodworms and such....

Back
Top Bottom