Best fry producers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PockX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm just wondering what smaller fish produces the most fry and the fastest. I'm looking into using a 10 gallon to breed some for food for my other fish.

About 4-6 female guppies and 2 males should give you a pretty good supply. Get the "not too fancy kind" As the females get to full maturity they really spit them out. LOL.
OS.

About 4-6 female guppies and 2 males should give you a pretty good supply. Get the "not too fancy kind" As the females get to full maturity they really spit them out. LOL.
OS.

Thanks! Haha..how can you tell the difference between the male and females? Not familiar with guppies :p

females are bigger with smaller tails and males are skinnier usually more colorful then the females

Thanks! Haha..how can you tell the difference between the male and females? Not familiar with guppies :p

Females have a fan shaped anal fin and males have a sword shaped anal fin.

Probably guppies and endlers are your best bet for a 10 gallon. There a a few other live bearers that would be good food producers but not really for a 10g

Back
Top Bottom