Best heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoifish89

Aquarium Advice Freak
(If this is not the right place, please move accordingly.)

Since barely anyone is down in the pond discussion area, I thought of posting it here so I can get more exposure. I am thinking of whether or not. Or even is it even necessary to get a heater for pond. Here is the link.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f13/diy-above-ground-koi-pond-235516.html

I live in So. California. Winter night temperature varies. Some nights it is not as cold and other nights it can be at freezing or even below freezing by couple degrees. So what kind of heater should I get. Or should I not even bother with it?

No don't waste your money unless you have a tiny pond less than 18" deep. I'm in Missouri and we can and usually do get some below 0 temps and all we run in our two ponds in the winter are aerators and in the one pond that has a shallow area we put a floating de-icer that kicks on when the temps drop below freezing. We also have a steam connected to one pond and the other pond has a water fall which we leave all running year round. The fish go into a hibernation state and lay in the deepest area of the ponds. Just be sure not to feed them, not that they would likely eat. What you don't want to happen is to let the pond freeze over.

Back
Top Bottom