Best late birthday ever !! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So chaeto and copopods in back ? Ok :) ANd I will definitely look into spending the extra for the better stock ! :) when should I add that stuff ?

Well I at the time he was in the biocube and there was a fuge attached in back so I had enough pods, I didnt notice him looking any thinner than when I got him. The small tank also gave me the chance to target feed him several times a day. I tried like 13 different frozen foods over that month lol and my water parameters were horrible due to theoverfeeding. he eventually started with cyclopeeze and worked his way up to baby brine and then full size brine. her used to love bloodworms too but now the new life pellets are his favorite. Him eating the bloodworms was fun to watch too, he would suck them down like a string of spaghetti lol.
I occassionally throw in some live brine as a treat though and he lovesw that as well, lets him hunt for the food. :)

If I had to do it over though I'm not sure I would have taken the risk. he could have easily become another death statistic.

Thts true but I think down the road I'm going to do one in this tank . And what could I get to get rid of this algae ?

image-637465577.jpg

Attachments

• image-3589940953.jpg
    image-3589940953.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 100
Sorry the second photo uploaded on accident , already asked a question about it and it was a pest anemone who is now gone

So chaeto and copopods in back ? Ok :) ANd I will definitely look into spending the extra for the better stock ! :) when should I add that stuff ?

If your talking about the cheato than whenever you want. It takes the nutrients away from other algeas so it helps cut down on them (the green stuff atleast) not sure sbout copepods but im guessing after the cycle?

Good luck and great job taking your time. It's always so hard to wait, but it really does pay off, especially in a small tank

Thank you but it's so hard !!!!! Now the rock is in it is terrible !! :( I might order my chaeto and pods next weekend though to start growing a colony

Yeah. I hated waiting. So I didn't. Big mistake. Everything worked out well, but I think it was really a massive stroke of luck

Ok I know it's been awhile but I have been avoiding fish stuff while the tank cycled but my cycled ended and I picked up 2 clowns and a skunk cleaner shrimp this past week.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387315929.144090.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387315943.897254.jpg

And now I'm wondering if I could add my first coral ... And if I could what would be the easiest and best coral to start with . I'm looking for somthing relatively cheap, and easy to care for since it would be my first coral !

I think you're fine to add some zoas. They are always a good first coral and most of the common morphs are pretty cheap

One more thing . How do you get rid of this algae on the glass ? It's green and in little dots . I have an acrylic magnet algae scrubber that gets rid of all the other algae . I have tried scrubbing with my fingers and it won't go ... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387330356.027761.jpgany ideas on how to get rid of it ?

Pretty sure the biocube is glass. I know my 14 is. People often use credit cards to scrape Coraline algae off of acrylic and razor blade or equivalent off of glass.

Thru are acrylic . I got the coral life version so it's acrylic . Ok I will try a credit card tomorrow ! Thank you !!!

They are definitely glass. From drs foster smith " Curved glass front affords clear, panoramic aquarium views for complete aquarium enjoyment."

Back
Top Bottom