Best Lighting for Plants and Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddereckl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I was wondering what is the best lighting to grow low light plants yet will still show off the colors of fish? I was on youtube and I see all these tanks with white lights that look really nice and was wondering where do they get those. I Currently have a Aqueon 17W T8 24" Fluorescent Daylight and it is kinda dull.

I use 12000k white LEDs and a strip of rose colored LEDs to bring out colors in the fish. They are made by true lumen they work great for my 29g

I use Zoomed flora max 18" t8 bulb on my 10g (the one that shines pink). The colors on my betta have REALLY popped! Just take a look at my avatar. ;) Oh, and it's really great for low light-medium light plants. The strip uses the red and blue spectrum that plants utilize during photosynthesis. I wanted a super low tech nothing to worry about tank and this is great. It took sometime for me to get used to the "pink" shine though.

I'm looking for a more white light. The purple/pink lighting is really great but I prefer the natural day light.

You could try their natural daylight bulb as well, although I've never tried it. Don't think it'll have the same effect as the max plant growth, but it should grow low lights just fine.

True lumen LEDs I still think may be the best for the money fairly inexpensive and decently high output. They make them in natural daylight, rose, and blue depending on what your looking for.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to settle on a Aqua-Glo T8 18000k. If I dont like it i think ill try to look for some t5 fixtures. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom