Best model for a 30-55 gallon planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marsh

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My ten gallon tank just finished cycling when it started leaking near the base. I want to fix it for a hospital tank instead and upgrade to a larger tank. I plan on keeping only a betta, perhaps a few ghost shrimp or dwarf frogs but mostly wish to have a lush green tank.

I plan to fill a new larger tank with low-light plants and a piece of mopani driftwood. I have space for a 55 gallon tank at the very most. I prefer a longer horizontal design, as the surface I am using is 5' x 1'3". It will be viewed from both sides.

Any tips on shopping for a quality tank?

marsh said:
My ten gallon tank just finished cycling when it started leaking near the base. I want to fix it for a hospital tank instead and upgrade to a larger tank. I plan on keeping only a betta, perhaps a few ghost shrimp or dwarf frogs but mostly wish to have a lush green tank.

I plan to fill a new larger tank with low-light plants and a piece of mopani driftwood. I have space for a 55 gallon tank at the very most. I prefer a longer horizontal design, as the surface I am using is 5' x 1'3". It will be viewed from both sides.

Any tips on shopping for a quality tank?

I bought an Aqueon glass 29 gallon at the $1 p/g sale at a local chain. I am concerned about the quality, however the glue appears less sloppy than on the top fin 10-gallon that leaked on me.

New question, should I do any preventative measures to prevent a future leak?

Aqueon aquariums are very good quality. I don't think you should have a problem. If I'm not mistaken they to have a warranty as well...

Back
Top Bottom