best phosphate remover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawla47

Aquarium Advice Activist
what do you guys recommend is the best phospher remover? ive seen quite a few products, so im stumped onto what to actually order. trying to find the best value if possible.

i read good things with poly filters, should i go that route?

thanks in advance!

Jay D

Green-X by Hagen is a cheap one
IMHO ROWAphos is the best. Depending on phosphate levels in the aquarium, ROWAphos can rapidly reduce phosphate levels to ZERO and can last for up to several months before having to be replaced. ROWAphos can be used in a canister filter or simply placed in its enclosed sock at the end of the main filtration process.
It comes in a bulk container

I really like Poly Filters. Have you figured out the source of the PO4?

well i think the main source is when i first started topping off the tank, i used dechlorinated tap water, prob about 25-30 gallons topping off regularly daily for a while.

great article mikey, noticed the products do lower the alkalanity and PH quite a bit using them tho. have you notcied any change at all using poly filters Lando?

thanks for the help so far.

have you notcied any change at all using poly filters
The question wasn't directed at me, but I use them also. No change in PH, etc. and I did see a decrease in PO4 when I started using them(they also absorb many other undesirables). I would not say they are "The Best" way to eliminate PO4. One of the less expensive and easier ways though. Here is a link w/ info about them if your interested
http://www.poly-bio-marine.com/story.htm

Back
Top Bottom