Best submersible heater ! ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hiram1982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay I have pretty much made up my mind and am planning on getting two 200 watt submersible heaters for my 55 gal. My question is which one have you guys had good experences with? I have been leaning toward the Visi stealth ones or the visi stealth deluxe. Any help would be greatly appericated.

I don't think they make them anymore, but I really like my marineland dual temps. I've also heard good things about ebo-jagers and stealths.

I have a 250watt stealth for my 55 and it works great. The temp marks on it are slightly off from water temp but i expected that.

On my 180 gallon I'm using 2 300 watt Visi-Therm Stealth Heaters. After 30+ years of keeping fish I have found the heater is no place to get cheap. I'm down to 1 300 watt ebo-jager out of 3. On my 55 gallon I'm using a ViaAqua Titanium but I don't like the separate temperature sensor, as one time is came out during a lighting change. Luckily I found it in time before it cooked my fish.

As for the temperature marks on the dial it's just a guide to start with.

Well it sounds like the stealths are the way to go. Am I going right with the two 200's? Thanks for all the help this is my first larger aquarium and I want to get it right. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom