Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a finnex, it was recommended for its ability to hold at 82-84 f. It did for a week and than didnt. I use it in a smaller tank to hold 75-77, it does. Actual temp vs dial setting is 5* off.

Based on I've heard here and read, I've been lucky, neither of the 2 800W units I've owned has varied more than -1 degree thoughout, before snapping on.

In all honesty, I've tried all the heaters. The aqueon pros used to be the best but I heard manufacturing standards had shifted and the quality was not there. New aqueon pros fail fast and glass stick. The mirror finish fluval are my go to. They have yet to let me down. I understand nothing lasts forever but I'd like atleast 2 years out of $40 heater.
If you read the reviews, they all have the same complaints. No matter the brand or price point. I have 6 different brands i think, and who knows how long any of the brands i have will last.. ???

If you read the reviews, they all have the same complaints. No matter the brand or price point. I have 6 different brands i think, and who knows how long any of the brands i have will last.. ???

The +/- cool thing about this condition is that I've come to expect shallow-end MTBF's from all electronic FRU's. Especially true these days.

Interesting

Heya Brook. I remembered that you displayed some interest in this unit. Mine has been online for 2-days. since it acclimated it's been great with very little sway. The WiFi SW has been a painfully different story. It looks and feels like something from the mid 80's and functions that way. We're going to take another look at it this evening to see if one of us misconfigured something. If there's no way to get the Wifi running we'll just live with it for now, then correct the situation when possible.

What's the problem with the WiFi?

The WiFi software isn't working in general, and TBH I'm not sure I want it to without some security assurance's. As it is the thermostat is functioning beautifully, within 1 degree which may be enough for now.

I have email and a support number for South Africa. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow at 1400.

The WiFi software isn't working in general, and TBH I'm not sure I want it to without some security assurance's. As it is the thermostat is functioning beautifully, within 1 degree which may be enough for now.

I have email and a support number for South Africa. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow at 1400.
If it's a connections issue, make sure your phone is on your 2.4G band on your router just to set it up. Once done you can use your 5G band to communicate with the heater. Devices like these will always require some type of login and password to a server so you can use the device when away from your house. Camera's in the house use the same technology.

If it's a connections issue, make sure your phone is on your 2.4G band on your router just to set it up. Once done you can use your 5G band to communicate with the heater. Devices like these will always require some type of login and password to a server so you can use the device when away from your house. Camera's in the house use the same technology.

Do you own an ITC-306A?

Sorry no. Retired computer/network engineer...

Too bad, so sad. I guess I'll have to fall back to the default position, not fretting over a company that doesn't take their products seriously. TBH, I'm wondering what sort of device I can cobble together to get some non-WiFi joy from two thermostat's that I mostly trust.

Don't understand what I mean? Remember, I've had 3-days of trying to figure out Shenzhen Inkbird Technology ltd. It's been maddening!

Too bad, so sad. I guess I'll have to fall back to the default position, not fretting over a company that doesn't take their products seriously. TBH, I'm wondering what sort of device I can cobble together to get some non-WiFi joy from two thermostat's that I mostly trust.

Don't understand what I mean? Remember, I've had 3-days of trying to figure out Shenzhen Inkbird Technology ltd. It's been maddening!
Well, you could try the non-WiFi controller. I just got one about 2 months ago and it works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom