best substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have natural color gravel in my 44 gallon, I have blue both light and dark gravel in my 10 gallon and I'm getting ready to set the 20 up and was thinking about what I'm going to.use for it... So, in your opinion what's a better substrate and color for substrate... And yes, ill probably have some more anubias and maybe a different type of live plant in the tanks... Incase that matters

Mommaof4boys said:
I have natural color gravel in my 44 gallon, I have blue both light and dark gravel in my 10 gallon and I'm getting ready to set the 20 up and was thinking about what I'm going to.use for it... So, in your opinion what's a better substrate and color for substrate... And yes, ill probably have some more anubias and maybe a different type of live plant in the tanks... Incase that matters

I like the Natural feel personally, have you considered sand, I use silica or pool filter sand. Looks natural I think. Some pics of my tanks for ideas.

I really enjoy the dark sand with your plants... It really makes bright colors pop! Thank you for sharing those with me!

Readingexcalibur said:
I like the Natural feel personally, have you considered sand, I use silica or pool filter sand. Looks natural I think. Some pics of my tanks for ideas.

Are all your plants real?

That green plant with the white trim isn't an aquatic plant. It's going to melt on you eventually and possibly muck your water up something fierce.

aqua_chem said:
That green plant with the white trim isn't an aquatic plant. It's going to melt on you eventually and possibly muck your water up something fierce.

? That thing has been growing like crazy? My Co2 diffuser is right next to it now. I got pics, but they are home, I'll throw them up later.

Back
Top Bottom