best way to fight off ick that has infected the whole tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsa83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 90gal tank with 3 clowns, 1 stripe damsel and one yellow & blue tang. all of them have ick (maybe not the damsel, but its hard to tell).. i used mardel coppersafe a couple days ago and the white spots went away for a day but when i woke up this morning to check on them, they all have white spots on them. .. i don't have a quarantine tank set up at the moment. what other products do you recommend? .. medication? .. i'm thinking about getting a UV sterilizer once the ick is gone. .. the fish seem too look florescent when i shine a flash light into the tank to check up on them when the lights are off. is that due to the medication?

What tony suggested is for freshwater ich, entirely different Protozoa for saltwater

Get a UV sterilizer now. Also, feed them food that contains garlic, or add garlic to their food. Last but not least, you may want to look into dipping them in freshwater, which is not recommended for the faint of heart!

Back
Top Bottom