Best way to ship frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to be shipping out some frags in a few months and am wondering what the best way to ship them is. What kind of box, insulation, do I need to oxygenate them like fish, etc.? Anyone have any experience with shipping corals??

Thanks,
Josh

most people just get a cheap foam cooler and double bag the stuff.And the heat packs help ,too.I suggest nothing but other night if they want it there alive unless theya re willing to risk it

I have shipped/received frags via USPS priority mail. Works good for short distances. I had some take 2 days and the frags were doubled bagged in a styrofoam cooler. All arrived great :)

I recently recieved frags from GARF and they were packed in styrofoam with small bags of ice. A great idea they had was to rubber band whatever the frag was attached to to some styrofoam and float at the top of the bags. This way nothing was tipped over and getting bumped and stressed. Got 12 frags and all survived.

Depends on the weather conditions outside.
As today it should be over 100 tady so a cold pack or 2 will definitly help out

Back
Top Bottom