Beta bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55gls

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mother just got a beta bowl with one beta and nothing else in the bowl which looks like at least two gallons.
I want to get her a plant but not sure which kind?

Does she have a filter and heater? What about lights?

If she doesn't have a light and the bowl only gets light from the room plants would be tough, but the betta would love to have something like an anbuias nana. Very easy to grow or should I say nearly impossible to kill!

If she has no filter she's going to need to do water changes daily to keep the toxins at a minimum. A plant will absorb some, but not nearly enough.

Without a heater she needs to make sure the room temp stays consistent.

No filter,lights or heater. I'm going to cut a piece of Anubis from my 55. Any tips on cutting a piece would be appreciated!

No filter,lights or heater. I'm going to cut a piece of Anubis from my 55. Any tips on cutting a piece would be appreciated!

Tbh I would recomend you get her a piece of pothos vine and maybe a low light ivey to absorb the toxins in the water. Otherwise water changes are going to get annoying fast.

Honestly I would get her a 5 gal tank instead. Without a heater that betta isn't going to be very happy as they like warm water. Also toxins are going to build up pretty quickly in a container that small, particularly without a filter.

Back
Top Bottom