Beta with something hanging out???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phmichelle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Answer to questions:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Beta
2~What are your tank parameters? Unknown
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up? About 3-4 gallons, about 8 months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Not sure of exact #, the smallest whisper filter combo
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? 1, small beta
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? Last change 4 or 5 days ago, yes vacuum, do it every 7 to 10 days, about 70%
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? About 8 months
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? No
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Freeze dried worms occasionally, betta flakes every 3-4 days.

I've added 2 photos, my beta has something hanging from it and is acting slightly lethargic. Can't tell if it's poop, eggs, intestines or a large worm and haven't been able to find any similar pictures anywhere. It is white, large compared to fish and looks like intestines to me. Anyone recognize what it is and is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Pics

Sorry, hard time attaching photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 46
I don't think so, it's white and hung on for a long time. This morning, it is finally gone. Not sure if it fell off or went back in. My concern is that either his anus is pro lapsing, or he has parasites because it's white. Also, if it's normal poop, why would it hang on so long and why would he be acting lethargic?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom