Betta & 2snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christina717

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so my step-dad thought it would be fun to have a betta fish and the lady talked him into getting snails -_- So he bought a 2 gallon tank for it as well. Luckly I had a 5gallon tank sitting around for him to use. But anyways the tank isnt cycled at all, the snails are always mateing, and he doesnt want to return them. SOO what do I do?!?
I have a 10 gallon tank that is almost done cycling but till then what is the best thing to do?
I bought a 5gallon heater for it an air stone + a 15 gallon filter for it since he did not buy any of these things. Also waffers for the snails + DECLORINATOR!

You could add some seachem prime to nuetrilize the ammonia and stuff. Or some seachem stability to pretend to cycle the tank. With a tank that small though.... Id probably just do the Prime.

I been adding Prime into the water as well. Hopefully my tank gets cycled so I can add some of my extra filter media into his tank. I dont want the fish and snails to die!

Water changes. Do you have a test kit? You should test the water daily and don't let ammonia and nitrite get over .25, do a water change(s) to get them down if they start rising. The fish should be fine if you stay on top of water changes. Prime is great to use with water changes and can help between water changes but don't use it in place of water changes.

Back
Top Bottom