Betta 911

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viccy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I noticed a scrape or so I thought on the side of my betta ( half moon ) .This morning it is a patch on his side that looks like dead skin . I don't know what it is or what to do , the tropical fish shop I deal with is closed leaving petsmart as the only fish store for help . I have moved him to a hospital tank , if anyone has any advise I would appreciate it . I am thinking of going to petsmart to get tetracycline but I also know it can be dangerous to treat one disease when it is another . Help please .

I did a 25% water change yesterday and a 10% change this morning . When I do water changes I use live water ( RO )for the fill to be sure that I do not introduce any chemicals or unwanted minerals .

Would recommend matching water when doing water changes. If your tank had tap water, I would replace it with tap water. Can slowly over several changes mix tap and ro, but a sudden change can stress fish.

Thank you all for your help , the battle was over in 38 hours , Fred died the shop had no idea what it was .

Back
Top Bottom