Betta and ghosts or cherries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have just put my betta into his own 5 gallon tank from a community tank. I want to put some shrimp in with him as I've never had them. I've heard he may eat cherries and ghosts would be better as he cant see them as well. has anyone got any advice on which would be better and also how many would work well in a tank that size.

I have just put my betta into his own 5 gallon tank from a community tank. I want to put some shrimp in with him as I've never had them. I've heard he may eat cherries and ghosts would be better as he cant see them as well. has anyone got any advice on which would be better and also how many would work well in a tank that size.

Every betta is different obviously, but my betta lives with cherries, Pygmy raspboras, and endlers. So you can always try and take them out if it doesn't work.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Ghost shrimp are a safer bet.

Some bettas eat cherry shrimp quite readily, others not soo much.

Both can work, but ghost shrimp work more often than not while I have personally had about 75% luck with cherry shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom