Betta and shells...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Years ago when I was young and ignorant I had Bettas breed in a bowl. The fry didn't live because the bowl was too small and unheated. I know a lot better now and never put fish in small containers anymore.

My Betta watches me and comes to the glass to see me. I like their little personalities!

I wouldn't raise the fry in the bowl are you crazy. Your fry was doomed... Fry are so much more sensitive to everything. Water changes would need to be done more then everyday because the bowls would have been overstocked and huge amounts of ammonia. I have like 7 tanks I can use for a grow out of I got a female. First off like mentioned before you don't need a heater. You just need the temperature to be stable. And honestly it doesn't matter of the betts is kept in a bowl or not how often did you change the water. Did you monitor your ph each time you out new water in it?

brennae said:
Years ago when I was young and ignorant I had Bettas breed in a bowl. The fry didn't live because the bowl was too small and unheated. I know a lot better now and never put fish in small containers anymore.

My Betta watches me and comes to the glass to see me. I like their little personalities!

So are you calling me ignorant? I'm sorry but I believe you need to do a bit more research before you start trying to but multiple babies into a dooms day situation

Also all of my fish come to the glass. Other then all the Cories and pleco's but every time a fish sees me they think it's feeding time so they come. Also I believe Betta fry need infusia or green water to eat when they are first hatched...

Back
Top Bottom