Betta build, one more tank? Sure....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want that to happen, I'm going to have to get creative here, rcs may be on a strictly zucchini diet for the time being..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your betta won't eat zucchini? He doesn't eat the rcs?

Sent from my iPhone

He's too small to eat rcs atm, he just had a huge mashed pea breakfast, belly looked smaller this morning as well! Rc.. think he'll munch the rcs when he gets bigger?

None of my bettas eat shrimp, as long as the shrimp have places to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

None of my bettas eat shrimp, as long as the shrimp have places to go.

Good to know! I do liken the rcs but it's his tank so it's his choice who stays and who dies... morbid or awesome? ! Love that Lil guy.. he's looking less obese this morning.. I'm going to have to train myself to very carefully feed him..

Good to know! I do liken the rcs but it's his tank so it's his choice who stays and who dies... morbid or awesome? ! Love that Lil guy.. he's looking less obese this morning.. I'm going to have to train myself to very carefully feed him..

Not morbid. It's the food chain ;)

Sent from my iPhone

I axed the hagen mine internal filter, just wasn't cutting it. Not enough flow, very limited amount of media, i don't care if it's just one betta and some shrimp and some snails.. an ac 20 with a custom cut prefilter sponge seems to be perfect, betta is swimming around wonderfully while the dhg is waving ever so slightly. Co2 needs help, this fluval mini is useless, impossible to maintain any consistency in bps.. another paintball reg. Perhaps??

Been a while, tanks doing ok, plants are growing, algae is pretty low key despite the fluctuations on co2 (fluval mini sucks). I'm hooking up a paintball system later today. mr. Betta has proved to be quite the rcs bully, he's killed 5 or so.. keeps flipping my assassin snail over to. He's funny to watch but I won't be buying him anymore playthings after he loves everything in there to much;).

Oops picture.

Attachments

• 1413978847510.jpg
    1413978847510.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 73
Tone the lighting down brookster. Not a lot of plant mass in there at the moment

Tone the lighting down brookster. Not a lot of plant mass in there at the moment

I guess i could raise it back up a bit..

In case you want to trade your betta, I have some halfsun plakat that are looking really good.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414370495.474966.jpg

That's what mine will.look like huh?!

Most likely, yes. Most if the ines I have are very similar.

Unless tou got a girl. Secondary sexual characteristics should start to show now. Do you have any recent pictures of your fish?

Just did a major clean and wc so forgive the cloudiness.m

Attachments

• 1414372206104.jpg
    1414372206104.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 76
Yes, almost 1.5"

Rip mr. Betta... poor lil guy/girl didn't make it.. i had a pond snail outbreak l, seems my assassin had died? I had a co2 malfunction, well timer rather, 1bps 24/7 for 8 days in a 5.5 gal tank, the DC fluid was in need of changing too i guess?? Betta eyes popped and clouded:( I did api Gen cure as I had it on hand..

Back
Top Bottom