Betta fin deterioration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have had a problem with some neon tetras becoking aggresive and ive been working on trying to isolate them becuase they have been nipping everyone in the tank but they are fast and are alot harder to catch then a betta. So i decided to fish the betta out first becuase he had some of his fins nipped and i thought i could heal it first before i put him back. I put him back but his fins seem to have just gotton worse losing color, finnage, and length. Did i do something wrong does he need more time in qt? Here are before, when he was perfectly fine and after pictures 20170929_104025.jpg20171121_124540.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if this is related, but the only time my bettas have shown signs of fin damage is when I move them from one container to another. It seems like the next day or two the damage will become clear.

I'm not entirely sure if this is related, but the only time my bettas have shown signs of fin damage is when I move them from one container to another. It seems like the next day or two the damage will become clear.
Well i did move it from the main tank to a qt tank so im not sure if that could have dome something to him

That's a shame, he was really pretty. I don't think it was from moving him, I mean, when you first got him he was moved just fine from store tank to bag, from bag to your tank. More if you quarantined him at the time.

I'd keep him alone and give him a chance to heal. Feed a high quality diet (thawed frozen blood worms maybe) and keep the water very clean.

That's a shame, he was really pretty. I don't think it was from moving him, I mean, when you first got him he was moved just fine from store tank to bag, from bag to your tank. More if you quarantined him at the time.

I'd keep him alone and give him a chance to heal. Feed a high quality diet (thawed frozen blood worms maybe) and keep the water very clean.
I will continue to do that then but i also want to figure out a method to catch the other small fish becuase i have a heavilg planted tank and everytime i use a net i juat cant get them out

Back
Top Bottom