Betta Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyzzleT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I was just wondering if this looks like fin rot. This is a betta in a 5 gal tank. I do a 20% pwc every Sunday and vacuum the gravel. I rarely overfeed, and if i do so mistakenly, I siphon MOST of it out. Parameters are 0 ppm ammonia/nitrite and 5ppm nitrate. He seems fine, normal amount of energy and such.

Notice how the fins look a little staggered, especially the caudal fin? As bad as it is..I can't remember if they've always looked like that in the about 1 month that I've had him. Maybe I'm being paranoid lol. Let me know what you guys think. Better safe than sorry and maybe Ill learn something lol

11231799_1069557906406488_8908003170750881809_n.jpg

Bettas with long fins will sometimes drag them across things so rocks and plastic plants can tear them. Honestly he looks perfectly fine though. I like his color.

Caleb

I guess this was just another case of me worrying too much lol. Thanks guys!

If you have gravel, it just tore his fins a bit. Stress coat plus will fix those tears in a week :)

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Yeah i was thinking that maybe the gravel/current got him. Looks a little worse today so ill check out the stress coat. Any negative affect on the water with it? I dont like putting stuff in unless i absolutely have to you know?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah i was thinking that maybe the gravel/current got him. Looks a little worse today so ill check out the stress coat. Any negative affect on the water with it? I dont like putting stuff in unless i absolutely have to you know?

If just up the water changes to help his fins and switch to sand.

Caleb

He clears the water too. I've had a good experience with it.

46g Red tailed shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Back
Top Bottom