Betta Fish not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LobsterParty000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Now before you all ask, He is not dead. My sister bought a crowntail betta fish a couple years ago, and left it with my dad while she went off to college. Flash forward to today when she comes back to find that it hardly ever moves and when it does, it swims crooked or sideways. My dad usualky feeds him once a day, but occasionally once every other day. Its dorsal and rear fins appear to be pretty short compared to those of a comon siamese fighter. We can tell that its alive, but it really is pretty inactive for a betta. Please help! What is this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Aquarium Advice Mobile App

Hard to say from this. Water chemistry and water change schedule then food fed would be my thought to check first.

Hard to say from this. Water chemistry and water change schedule then food fed would be my thought to check first.

+1

What size tank is it in? Does it have a filter? A heater(if needed to reach 80 degrees)?

Aside from water chemistry, if it doesn't have a heater this time of year it's likely cold. When fish are cold like all animals metabolism slows down causing them to be less active.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom