Betta fry help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have white fry and red fry from the same batch. Both parent have marbled genes. Father is a HMDTPK and mother is VT:)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407108711.417687.jpg mom
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407108739.464345.jpg dad

You can't SEE all the genes that a fish has, so it makes sense that some fish don't resemble the parents.

Reason why I am asking is because the first time I bred bettas I had a male HM (red) and a female crown tail (red/blue) and most babies were blue with red.

Since both parents were the same color this time, I ended up with white and red babies. It's just strange to me;)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407111489.368612.jpg

That's because most Bettas are no longer "pure breds" so they are a mixture of many different colors. In one spawn of mine between a regular female and a doubletail male, I got regs, doubletails, Halfmoons and Delta tails with colors across the rainbow. These were a random pairing from fish I got at my wholesaler buddy's place. Who would have thought? lol With today's fish, you breed them and look for the surprises. :D

They hatched and were different colors. They may breed the marble gene or they may have some genes from previous breeders. It's all a surprise so, I shall wait and see;)

Back
Top Bottom