BETTA HAS BUGs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashpotatoes74402

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my BETTA in a ten gallon alone the tank has been cycled and has been running smoothly. I recently kept him in a5 gallon alone and kept my Oscar Inthe ten just to kinda watch him before putting the Oscar into the 75 gallon
So I put the Oscar in the 75 then put the BETTA In the 10. Now the Oscar and others in the 75 and happy and fine. But the BETTA has small white specks on him. Kinda worried any help would be awesome

That sounds like ich, there's lot's of info to be had on how to beat it here but I've personally never had it. You could probably find treatment options on the Internet or just wait for someone else to chime in.

Could you post a picture just to be sure?

It does sound like ich. Does it look like specks of salt over the fish?
What you need to do is increase the temp slowly over 1-2 days up to 86-88F. Increase aeration. Increase water changes and gravel vacs. Leave the temp up for at least 1 week after the last spot is seen.

First off it has to be in the tank. Either by a fish having it or (some think) it comes in on plants. Second, if a fish gets stressed it can lower its immune system causing it to become ill. Once its cured/killed it wont come back unless reintroduced.

Sometimes when a fish gets stress, their resistance to these kinds of attacks lowered down so they are prone to get sick easy. The betta probably was stressed from being transferred back and forth in your tanks. JMHO.

And +1 with mumma about the ich being dormant in the tank until they can get a stressed host that they can take advantage and attack.

Aaaaaah crap. I had been using the small five gallon to top off and prep water for my 75. FML..... If my fish in there get it ... I put it some dwarf grass recently into that ten gallon And yeah he mos definately it stressed during the move. He's a fast lil chump

Don't stress, +1 with upping temp slowly, aeration and maybe some salt. All good ways and your betta will be great in no time! ;)

Temp up aeration up and added half recommended amount of ich meds.
Ich 0 betta 1 !!!!! Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom