Betta problem & Gourami Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluePlanetGirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys,

My Veiltail Betta seems to have a fungal infection, white bumps on his body, especially around the mouth and a bit on the body. He's been struggling for about a month or longer, I have tried many different products (seperately of course). I've tried Melafix, Pimafix, Multicure, Tri-Sulfa & good old Aquarium Salt. All the water parameters are fine, NitrAte, NitrIte, Ammonia all good, pH on 7, temp at 27 degrees C
He seemed pretty happy in himself until today, he's starting to sulk, though still eating like a pig.
Not sure why he's not getting better. Or what else I can do.

PLEASE HELP!

As for my new Dwarf Gourami I got yesterday, He's not doing much, he's near the top of the tank with fins clamped and swaying from side to side, He doesn't move much, he hasn't eaten yet. After a bit of research I'm not sure if my other Dwarf Gourami is being aggressive towards him, I haven't seen any outward signs of violence. There is no-one else in the tank except my young Crown Betta, who is intimidated by the DG that is NOT ill, which makes me suspect maybe he is being bossy. My Betta is hiding alot.
Tomorrow I plan to take the non ill DG out and see what happens.
But any ideas to what it might be????

Thanks guys :)

What size tank do you have? Also, I'm not sure that gourami's and betta's are the best tank mates.

:welcome: to AA! :)

To my knowledge that's only five gallons, not big enough for a gourami.
Water quality could be the problem. Can you give us the exact levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? Using test strips or a liquid kit?

Hey Guys, gave the bully gourami to a friend. That problem seems to be fine now, my other gourami and the betta are getting along very well.
The Gourami is only a dwarf and he's fully grown and only 4 + 1/2 cms. and theres only the 2 in the tank.

As for my sick Betta, all the levels are blank. I do weekly water changes and its only him and 5 Cardinal tetras.

Back
Top Bottom