Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased a betta for my ten gallon tank.. the only thing I have in it is a pleco who has been in the tank since ive had it... I'm plannin on moving him asap... but I can't for right now. Will they be ok? Any advice?? I have a 55g cycling. I have a bridge and lots of plants in the ten gallon. Pleco stays hidden mostly so hopefully itll be ok??

yea it should my chinese algae eater and betta dont fight (gotta get rid of that darn algae eater though). plecos are one of the fish that are recomended with bettas.

yea it should my chinese algae eater and betta dont fight (gotta get rid of that darn algae eater though). plecos are one of the fish that are recomended with bettas.[/QUOTE

LOL I know... I was going to put him in the 55 but it's cycling. I may still just have to give him away :( Tears... Anywho! Thanks so much! I'm currently drip acclimating him because my stupid ph is so high... I will def post some pics because he is the prettiest little thing ever!!

how do you drip acclimate anyway?

I will post a pic. I took one of my air tubes and tied a knot in it... sucked it and got water from the tank to "drip" into the cup. One of the "pros" on the site told me how to do it :)

he's acting strange... hes not really moving... Idk what could be wrong... there was a lot of stress getting him here in that stupid cup...

IME he'll be like that for the rest of the day and then be perfectly fine the next. it's from being in that small container and being transported. oh and thanks so much for that idea! it's gonna save my butt this wednesday when i wont be home and my mom has to acclimate my fish... your a life saver

Is he still in the cup? If so, he's probably just resting. My betta did that when I first put him in. Hopefully he'll perk up!

Is he still in the cup? If so, he's probably just resting. My betta did that when I first put him in. Hopefully he'll perk up!
No I put him in the tank he's laying on stuff and swimming sideways... he's breathing weird... I didn't float him bc i drip acclimated for a long time... IDK... I'm so freaking out :(

maybe he's adjusting to the temp. I feel like an idiot.. :(

it's probably stressed that's all. was he acting this way when you got him?

Not really but he does kind of look like he has a buldge... on his body back towards his tail... i may have but him in a temp shock :( He was in the car for a bit then I let him sit during drip acc so i figured the temp to be the same... :confused: he acts like he's having a hard time swimming. I turned off the bubble wand but he acts like the filter is making a strong current of something.. I hope he don't die :(

He's floating sideways and stuff... maybe he's just getting used to the temp and the water moving??

i would say raise the temp it should help but if it's bc of temp change that wouldnt help. got any salt? they cant have too much i cant remember but i think you split in half the regular dose per gallon you might wanna look it up.

I don't have a heater in my ten gallon :(
its 78/ 80 right now...

Back
Top Bottom