Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all! I recently upgraded my 10 gallon aquarium to a 20 gallon aquarium.

With the new upgrade, I also had real plants (I previously had plastic ones). When I first aquaplaned my new tank, I miscalculated how many plants to buy, and ended up with a somewhat empty looking tank. So, tonight, I bought more plants. Since I was going to be moving plants around and adding a log, I decided I would buy a fish bowl to put my fish in while I worked in my tank.

I ended up buying a half moon 1 gallon tank (it was on sale), and it worked great to hold my fish while I worked. But now, I have a really nice empty one gallon tank. I know I could potentially put ghost shrimp in it, but I'd rather have a betta than shrimp. Is a one gallon tank sufficient for a betta, or should I get shrimp? I've seen many small tanks for betta, so this is bigger than many of the things I've seen, but I don't want it to be unhappy or die. What's your advice?

I would suggest shrimp, maybe but like a lot of java miss in it and put some red cherry shrimp or Amano shrimp in there, they are cooler looking than ghost shrimp IMO

Controversial. Ultimate Betta is a great forum for this topic, and they firmly suggest 2.5 or above.

Why not breed your current Betta some live food in the 1-gallon? Or use it to grow cuttings of your plants when they get bigger and can be divided (propagation)

Personally, I have a betta in a 2.5 gallon tank and I wouldn't go any smaller, for a betta anyway.

Ya I use a 2 gal tank for my Betta. Some use smaller housing and works fine for them, I wouldn't go smaller then 2 gal though.

What if I put my betta in my 150 gallon, by himself, til I get it fully set up, then move.him back to his bowl.

Back
Top Bottom