Betta Splendens Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great. If I can make a suggestion, get more cories so your Cory wont be lonely before the Betta. The Betta is more likely to accept them if they were there first than if they come after he did. It depends on the individual Betta but whether he accepts them or not could come down to that.

Oooops i apologise it was someone else who said see if he gets on ok with your cory then you.know he will be fine sorry about that mix up lol,yeah maybe you have a point,i think the Crowntail should be fine because the place i get my fish from,the guy is great he has them in individual filtered tanks,and ive seen them be in with harlequins and cory's he has a youtube channel and you can view his fish on their so you can see them before you go,his tanks are the best ive seen where i live in UK North East plus i know they be v.healthy :)

No that was me you weren't mixed up. I was just reading about bettas with tank mates and a lot of people suggested to put all fish in first. If your confident though than you should be fine. And sorry for confusing you.

No that was me you weren't mixed up. I was just reading about bettas with tank mates and a lot of people suggested to put all fish in first. If your confident though than you should be fine. And sorry for confusing you.

Hi,no problem really it was my fault,im greatful for the advice you have given me,ive read that too about adding other fish 1st,if i hadn't any at all i probably would have but i think ill try and see if he gets on with my cory,thanks for everything hun x

It'll happen eventually. It's good you have patience. Patience is necessary in this hobby. Tell me when you get him!

It'll happen eventually. It's good you have patience. Patience is necessary in this hobby. Tell me when you get him!

I have patience now lol,ive made mistakes and learnt by them,ive lost fish i should not have lost,my very 1st tank was a disaster as i didn't know anything about water chemistry,it was hard to take it all in at 1st but eventually i came to understand it all and still learning i think, thanks again and yes ill post on this thread when i get him :)

Hi there,just to let you know alls well in my tank now and has been for a while,so i bought my Crowntail Betta today,he is lovely,ill post sum pics once he has settled in ok.
Ive named him Merlin :)

Betta question. I have a Betta I rescued from a tiny little cup at a LPS. We thought his coloration was unique, he was whitish and blue/purple so we bought him. Turns out the poor guy was just a very sick relatively common red and purple Betta. He is mostly healthy and much happier now although we still battle velvet on his poor gills. Now the question, where do you all purchase your Bettas? Are there reputable places to get a happy healthy specimen? I want another eventually. I am sure my poor guys life is drastically shortened by his mishandling.

Betta question. I have a Betta I rescued from a tiny little cup at a LPS. We thought his coloration was unique, he was whitish and blue/purple so we bought him. Turns out the poor guy was just a very sick relatively common red and purple Betta. He is mostly healthy and much happier now although we still battle velvet on his poor gills. Now the question, where do you all purchase your Bettas? Are there reputable places to get a happy healthy specimen? I want another eventually. I am sure my poor guys life is drastically shortened by his mishandling.

My last Betta I got from a club member who bred him. There is a local Betta Club also.

I have bought from my Petsmart, but I buy the day they come in usually. My last store Betta lived 4 years.

Oooops i apologise it was someone else who said see if he gets on ok with your cory then you.know he will be fine sorry about that mix up lol,yeah maybe you have a point,i think the Crowntail should be fine because the place i get my fish from,the guy is great he has them in individual filtered tanks,and ive seen them be in with harlequins and cory's he has a youtube channel and you can view his fish on their so you can see them before you go,his tanks are the best ive seen where i live in UK North East plus i know they be v.healthy :)

Hi, hope you don't mind...I to live in north East of UK and am looking for a healthy betta! I am in Scotland, are you? Can you recommend anyone in particular please. I also wondered about shipping from overseas...anybody had any experience with that? Thanks for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, hope u don't mind...I to live in north East of UK and am looking for a healthy betta! I am jn Scotland, are u? Can u recommend anyone in particular pls. I also wondered about shipping from overseas...anybody had any experience with that? Thanks for reading :)

Hi there,i don't mind at all ive just got my Crowntail Betta from a place called Tyne Valley Aquatics,as im near Newcastle,he has his Bettas in seperate individual filtered tanks,mines gorgeous,he delivers too and I would recommend him for that too ive heard good reports,you get next day delivery for about £10.95 I paid £5.99 for Merlin,thats what ive named him,he has a website so you can search Tyne Valley Aquatics :) heres some pics of Merlin

ForumRunner_20130215_191125.jpg

ForumRunner_20130215_191148.jpg

ForumRunner_20130215_191209.jpg

ForumRunner_20130215_191229.jpg

Hi there,i don't mind at all ive just got my Crowntail Betta from a place called Tyne Valley Aquatics,as im near Newcastle,he has his Bettas in seperate individual filtered tanks,mines gorgeous,he delivers too and I would recommend him for that too ive heard good reports,you get next day delivery for about £10.95 I paid £5.99 for Merlin,thats what ive named him,he has a website so you can search Tyne Valley Aquatics :) heres some pics of Merlin

That is fantastic!! Thank u very much....away to have a nosey right now. Your guy is an absolute beauty BTW. X

My PH is really high, oscillating between 7.6 and 8.0. Besides that all the parameters of my 7.5 gallon tank are perfect. Should I consider doing something? The Betta has been under these conditions for a little bit over 4 weeks now.

I wouldn't mess with it. As long as your pH is stable your betta will adapt (probably has already) and will thrive in it.
I have all 40 of mine in 7.8 pH and have no issues

Wow what a amazing looking crow tail. I got mine his name is spike from pet smart. He's healthy as can be !

image-3134149257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom