Betta tank, before and after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just going to do a water change today but I decided that Max's tank needed a change. The before picture is kinda dark, and it has changed a little since then, but not much. Until today. I changed the gravel from purple to a more natural tan with black river rock scattered about. He still has his cave and a silk plant and a few silk leaves and one live plant.
I was not expecting to do this at all today, but I'm glad I did.

Before

After

lol! Yes, I know he would love it. I had some java moss in there but it turned in a big black mass of yuck. Once the baby java ferns get bigger they will go back in.

is that big whitish fluffy clump in the first picture a bubble nest? Im just wondering because ive never seen a bubble nest.

You've never seen a bubblenest?! You must stop what you're doing, run to your lps, grab a 2+ gallon tank, a silk plant, a cave/decoration and a betta! Now! LOL, I'm definitely partial bettas. Who can resist them? Sadly, one of my guys is an imbellis, so he doesn't make bubblenests, and the other guy just makes little ones. Basically, it's a blob of bubbles.

well, the only betta i owned was in middle school and he lived in a glass bowl for 3 years and made clicking noises at night. I had a 5 gallon tank that i wanted to turn into a planted beta tank, but i lent it to my mother in law, and i don't htink i'll ever get it back.

Back
Top Bottom