Betta with funny lump on chin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarloves

Aquarium Advice Activist
While looking for a betta for my boyfriend I saw a male at the store who had a weird looking lump on his chin. It wasnt inflamed or red looking, it was just a little lump under his skin. It almost looked like he had a little seed bead under his chin. I wanted to bring him home and treat him but Im not exactly sure on what I would be treating him for so I just left him. Now Ive been thinking about him alot and I want to go back and buy him. What meds could I use to treat this unusual lump?

If it helps any it was set back on his chin and a little off to the side.

Like here (but of course not that big):

Attachments

• new_aquarium_look_001poop.jpg
    new_aquarium_look_001poop.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 305
Oh no thats not the fish with the lump. I left the fish at the petstore. Im only showing the picture as a reference as to where the lump is located.

How does the betta look otherwise? I had a betta that fit this description -- he died a few days later. That doesn't mean this one will die automatically -- my betta was almost 2 years old when he died, and hopefully the one in the petstore isn't that old. Mine was also very lethargic too. I would say if the betta at the store is otherwise active, and you want to give it a try, treat with antibiotics, and do frequent water changes . Be careful to keep this betta in QT away from other fish and don't use any of their equipment, like nets or gravel vacs, on this new betta until you're sure he's ok.

Back
Top Bottom