Betta with tetra and glow fisg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwesx1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
right now i have
6 blue berry/strawberry tetra
6 neon tetra
6 glow fish

id like to add a betta but unsure on how they would get a long with the tetra

this is a 20 gal tank

You are pretty much stocked as it is with the fish you have now given their adult sizes.
Is this is a tall or long?

If it was a long I would say go for, but a tall has less surface area for gas exchange and such.
I would say your are slightly overstocked now, which is no problem with a proper filter.

A 20 tall isn't long enough for glo fish/danios IMO. Mostly because of that factor, I would call the tank stocked and say it doesn't have enough room for a betta. If you were to trade out the glo-fish for another schooler more suitable for the tank size, I would say the betta would be fine.

Also, for what it's worth, so called "fruit" tetras like "blueberry" and "strawberry" are injected fish...meaning they shoot those dyes into the fish. The injected color will soon fade and you'll be left with natural (and much more attractive IMO) white tetras. The injection process is cruel IMO.

I didnt know about the color injection until after i purchased them , my fiance wanted them because of there pretty colors , we will not be purchasing more

Back
Top Bottom