betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

user404

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just moved up to a 55 gal tank from my overstocked 38...Seem to have a little extra room..was thinking of throwing a betta in there?

3 Tinfoil barbs 6-8 inches...Clumsy but harmless..
1 Silver dollar..Scardy that hides in tinfoil school..had two one died..added baby.. killed by older one..
1 Blood Parrot Cichlid SMALL ONE only about 4-4.5 inches or so...
1 Blue Gourami
1 Gold Gourami
1 Pink Kissing Gourami
1 Corey Cat..

nope...not a snack..wouldnt fight or feed bettas to other fish..I just know some fish they will be ok with...I probably shouldnt add anything else anyway...this freshwater fish thing sucks you in deep quick..Ill just add one of these and one of these and that looks neat..and that ....Im guessing you guys know how it is..

even the schooling fish...once you have 3 or 4 of them they dont seem to like outsiders...I tried another silver dollar with mine but he wound up dead..I know mine is skiddish becasue he is the only one in there..I guess my tinfoil barbs are the same color and he cant beat em so he might as well join them...plus something keeps eating bites out of his tailfin anyway...

what a school..three clumsy oversized tinfoils and one silver dollar...they make a gang to be reckoned with...just as loong as they dont mess with my blood parrot...
my gold and my blue gourami went in as tiny fish..My pink kissing gourami did mess with my chichlid but they seem to have settled that..I guess the tank is big enough for the blue and the gold gourami..they dont really mess with each other much...

user404 said:
I just moved up to a 55 gal tank from my overstocked 38...Seem to have a little extra room..was thinking of throwing a betta in there?

3 Tinfoil barbs 6-8 inches...Clumsy but harmless..
1 Silver dollar..Scardy that hides in tinfoil school..had two one died..added baby.. killed by older one..
1 Blood Parrot Cichlid SMALL ONE only about 4-4.5 inches or so...
1 Blue Gourami
1 Gold Gourami
1 Pink Kissing Gourami
1 Corey Cat..

I'd add 3 more tinfoils and 5 more silver dollars and 5 more corys and call it stocked

I'd add 3 more tinfoils and 5 more silver dollars and 5 more corys and call it stocked

It's already overstocked, were talking about tin foils hitting the 12" mark, the blood parrot hitting 10", the gouramis hitting 5-6", the kissing hitting 12-14", the silver dollars hitting 6" he has enough fish for a 150g...do what you will with your tanks but your nuts if your adding more fish.

HUKIT said:
It's already overstocked, were talking about tin foils hitting the 12" mark, the blood parrot hitting 10", the gouramis hitting 5-6", the kissing hitting 12-14", the silver dollars hitting 6" he has enough fish for a 150g...do what you will with your tanks but your nuts if your adding more fish.

Oh ok well then he needs to remove some fish. Bc the schooling fish are gonna be really unhappy.

I still have the 38 I just upgraded from..I was thinking if my fish outgrow the 55 they are in I may just do 2 tanks...I want to use the 38 for saltwater though..
I dont know howlong fish continue to grow..These fish are probably a year old or more now..
I dont see my Blood parrot getting much bigger unless he is a slllowww grower...I feed them tetramin granules..I feed my tinfoils shirmp pellets some and lettuce..I know they are vegetarian..I would feed my cichlid shimp but blood parrots cant eat just anything beacuse of their mouths..
my kissing gourami is proabably a little over a year old..He is about the same size and the blue and gold gourami..around 5 in counting mouth to end of tail fin...
blood parrot is fat but about the same 5in maybe little less...my kissing gourami never got much size..

user404 said:
I still have the 38 I just upgraded from..I was thinking if my fish outgrow the 55 they are in I may just do 2 tanks...I want to use the 38 for saltwater though..

Id get rid of the tinfoils IMO

nobody is going to want 6-8 inch tinfoil barbs...they are big fish..Petsmart didnt mention that..I didnt check up on it as I should I had just got a new tank and thought throwing in fish was the hardest part...I have learned and found out SOOOOOOOOO much in a year or little over a year..I may try to put just the tinfoils in the 38 and go for the schooling fish ..I dont want my exisiting fish to kill new fish though.. The tinfoils dont hurt anything they are just big.. they are nice for a large tank but I didnt know much about these fish when I got them...I could put just those three in a 29 gallon tank I have..if they dont get any bigger they should be ok..they wont fight with each other or dont appear to..they have always been together as a trio so I dont want to sepearate them..

I have Several other tanks...this started out as 1 big crawdad and 2 silver dollar fish..in a 10 gallon tank..crawdad died..one dollar died..more fish need bigger tank ...29...tank not big enough need 38..nitrites HIGH not staying stable need bigger tank..55..thank GOD I bought my Rena Filstar XP2 a while back it should be big enough for the 55 as well..

Back
Top Bottom