Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, so I tried my Betta in my community tank, and it didn't work out. So unfortunately it is back in it's big vase. I want to provide the best care possible for my betta, so if I change the water every day or other day, will he be ok? I also wanted to make sure what I heard is right. I heard that if you keep a betta without a filter, you should do 100% water changes. This surprised me because the water would be totally different. Also, if I did change the water often, that would prevent against fin rot, right? Thanks, and please answer!

Also, if a Betta did get fin rot, is it possible that he could grow back the lost part of his fin?

redsea said:
Hello, so I tried my Betta in my community tank, and it didn't work out. So unfortunately it is back in it's big vase. I want to provide the best care possible for my betta, so if I change the water every day or other day, will he be ok? I also wanted to make sure what I heard is right. I heard that if you keep a betta without a filter, you should do 100% water changes. This surprised me because the water would be totally different. Also, if I did change the water often, that would prevent against fin rot, right? Thanks, and please answer!

Many will disagree with keeping him in a vase unless it's five gallons. Try getting him his own tank with a heater and filter. Vases are by no means even a short-tern solution IMO.

I believe fins do grow back after fin rot has subsided. Since the area is so small, 100% water changed would probably be best. Put extra emphasis on acclimation though.
You should still focus on trying to get him into a better home though if you can.

Back
Top Bottom