Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I decided to try and put him in with my DG in a 15g and he is the happiest Betta I ever seen and it seems like when ever some one goes to the tank he comes up front and puts on a show ( please don't laugh at my do not tap my hubby has bad habit of coming home from work and tapping his fingers on the tank saying fishy fishy lol)

Attachments

• image-3381861462.jpg
    image-3381861462.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1435791473.jpg
    image-1435791473.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 155
  • image-302702476.jpg
    image-302702476.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 121
Jbaygurl78745 said:
Well I decided to try and put him in with my DG in a 15g and he is the happiest Betta I ever seen and it seems like when ever some one goes to the tank he comes up front and puts on a show ( please don't laugh at my do not tap my hubby has bad habit of coming home from work and tapping his fingers on the tank saying fishy fishy lol)

The tank looks nice but why does it say don't tap?

Vatilla said:
In the post you quoted it explains.

Nice tank, by the way! I have mine in a 10g with some glowlight tetras!

Sorry I should've read all of it lol.....

I have a couple neon tetras in there and a electric green tetra thingy lol. And the swim together at times and other times the all pick corners lol. I wanna get a Betta now for my 36g they are jus full of life every time my hubby looks in the tank he says I don't understand why people just keep these guys in vase's and small habits.

Do you guys think a Betta would be happy in a 3G. My new born nephew loves watching the fish but my sis don't want nothing big.

I have a male crown tail that looks just like yours. Had him in a 1g for about 4 months & recently put him in a 10g & he has been so HAPPY & the same with my other male. I have fallen in love with Bettas, males & females, I now have a total of 5, 2 males & 3 females. personally I wouldn't put one in anything less than a 5g just because I've seen the difference from my own personal experience.

shellieca said:
I have a male crown tail that looks just like yours. Had him in a 1g for about 4 months & recently put him in a 10g & he has been so HAPPY & the same with my other male. I have fallen in love with Bettas, males & females, I now have a total of 5, 2 males & 3 females. personally I wouldn't put one in anything less than a 5g just because I've seen the difference from my own personal experience.

Me to... This was my first on and I was a little weary of putting him with my others bc the guy said I prolly had a 50/50 chance of him being aggressive so I had him In a 5g holding tank till I had off and could watch tank but he was great no aggressiveness at all. I want one for my 36g bow front, would he be ok in that tank? It's a tropical fish tank

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Me to... This was my first on and I was a little weary of putting him with my others bc the guy said I prolly had a 50/50 chance of him being aggressive so I had him In a 5g holding tank till I had off and could watch tank but he was great no aggressiveness at all. I want one for my 36g bow front, would he be ok in that tank? It's a tropical fish tank

I want to clarify in case there was a misunderstanding, my males are NOT in the same tank, they have their own individual 10g tanks with their only tank mate a Mystery snail. As far as putting a male in your 36g that depends on the fish itself. Some of them do great with tank mates & others not so much. If you do it just be cautious & watchful. My understanding is that if you have other fish with flowing fins it typically doesn't work well & I've heard that if you have fast fish that are in almost constant motion the Betta typically stays stressed. But of course there are always exceptions to the rules, I personally have no experience with it so I can only go by what I've read.

Sillyfishies said:
How is the betta and DG? I heard they were a no go?

They are fine. They each have hiding spot to claim their owns there's no need for them to defend any thing. I think as long as long they have there own spot theres no need to fight. They all come to eat with no problems. Is this a lucky chance?? Should I not try it again?

A betta and a gourami might some day become a problem. DG can be mean, and have been known to kill bettas (or basically harass them to death) by claiming large potions of a tank and not letting the bettas come to the surface to breath.

Make sure you keep an eye on them to make sure this doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom